METAL LENS 850-R
The LENS 850-R with its large work envelope and 5-axis motion control system is ideally suited for the repair and fabrication of high value large metal components used in the Aerospace and Defense industries.
LENS systems uses a high-power laser to fuse powdered metals into fully dense three-dimensional structures. The LENS 3D printer uses the geometric information contained in a Computer-Aided Design (CAD) solid model to automatically drive the LENS process as it builds up a component layer by layer.
The LENS 3D printer can process a wide variety of metals including titanium, nickel-base superalloys, stainless steels and tool steels – all of which are commercially available in the required powder form.
The results from LENS consistently demonstrate better metallurgical and mechanical properties than other processes due to an improved microstructure. For example, LENS-deposited 316SS typically has a cellular spacing of just a few microns, which leads to yield strengths approaching twice that of conventionally processed 316SS.
LENS 850-R Series Standard Features
- Hermetically Sealed Class 1 Laser Enclosure
- 900 x 1500 x 900mm Process Work Envelope
- 5 Axis CNC Control System
- XYZ gantry + tilt-rotate table
- Integrated Gas Purification System
- Integrated Dual Powder Feeders
- 1kW IPG Fiber Laser
LENS 850-R Series Capabilities
- Complete Atmosphere Control – full protection for highest quality
- Direct from CAD to part – no tooling required
- Superior material properties – full functionality
- Near-net-shape build or repair – minimal finishing
- Single-step process – reduced time and cost
- Low heat input – low distortion and heat-affected-zone
- Closed loop for precision deposition control
- High efficiency lasers for reduced cost of ownership